simplehuman 30 Liter / 8 Gallon Round Step Trash Can, Brushed Stainless Steel

  • 10-YEAR WARRANTY - We use the best materials and solid engineering so our products will last in tough environments like your home — for years.
  • ENHANCE YOUR TRASH EXPERIENCE – Extra-strong and durable Code G custom fit liners fit this can perfectly for a cleaner trash experience.
  • CLASSIC ROUND SHAPE - Iconic shape fits just about anywhere.
  • STRONG STEEL PEDAL - Engineered to last 150,000 steps – that's more than 20 steps a day for 20 years.
  • SILENT CLOSE LID - Patented lid shox technology controls the motion of the lid for a slow, silent, quiet close – no banging or loud noises.
  • SLIM PROFILE HINGE – Slimmer than traditional hinge allows you to place the can closer to the wall.
  • STAY-OPEN LID - The lid stays open for as long as you like — perfect for longer chores.
  • FINGERPRINT-PROOF FINISH - Resists smudges to keep stainless steel shiny.
  • 12.4"W x 15.1"D x 25.6"H – 36.3" with lid open

So, I'm 50 years old, and I only felt like a grownup the day this garbage can arrived. It's a perfect size, it's attractive, it keeps smells inside, and the lid closes slowly, and shuts with a whisper-quiet sound that is absolutely beautiful. My family thinks I'm crazy to love it so much, but they secretly feel the same way, I can tell.

I love my can!! It has a hole in the side of the inside plastic liner, so you can “stuff” the rest of the garage bag for a tight fit. I do not use the bags that they suggested, just Walmart specials.

I rarely write Amazon reviews...that's how much I LOVE this trash can. I bought it last year and the price is a bit steep for a trash can but it is the best trash can I've ever had in my life. It's so simple but because of that it works well. Doesn't get dirty and if it does, it can easily be cleaned. The stainless steel exterior ensures makes it look clean and simple. The foot pedal works well and you can also prop the top open if you need to. If you want a perfect fit, you have to buy their trash bags, but mines worked fine, and the inner lid was also really handy- it helped ensure that nothing got dirty. The trash can is compact and fits into small spaces, but also holds a lot. It has never caused me any problems and is totally worth the investment. I had to sadly sell mine because I'm moving far away and can't bring it with me, but you can bet that I'll be buying this exact trash can in my new home!

Love this trash bin. I needed a good size bin for my sewing room. One that the dogs can't stick their noses into it or knock over. This filled the bill. When I am sewing, I pop the top open and when done, close it. That keeps the critters out of it and making a mess. Love the color. Simplehuman have great products.

In my mind....spending $50 on a trashcan is like walking through the doorway into adulthood! We needed something better in our home and the cheap ikea plastic trashcan I had just wasn't cutting it anymore. I looked online and knew if I wanted something that had a classier look that I was going to have to spend some money. I found this gem at only $49 - and the simply human name carries a lot of weight when it comes to trash cans - they are always the most expensive - however, this can wasn't much more expensive than other metal step cans - but there is a difference. First off there is the not smudge surface - it's kind of a matt metalic surface - and I tried to leave fingerprints but it wasn't happening. Next is the slow close feature - so the top doesn't slam down, also the top stays open with a nudge all the way to the back. And finally the removable inner basket (which has this special stand that partially lifts the inner container making it easy to grab the bag), which will make cleaning much easier. The step mechanism looks and feels incredibly sturdy, but only time will tell if that holds up; although, based on other family members experience with Simple Human, it will last for years! VERY happy with my purchase.

I love my new trash can. At first I was hesitant to spend so much on a trash can, but after considering that this is an item I will use frequently, I decided to invest in it. I love the fact it has a plastic liner and takes regular 13 gallon tall kitchen trash bags. It opens and closes softly. When necessary, the lid can be raised to remain open. It is attractive and compact. It seems to be decent quality. The only thing that might make this better might be small handles on the sides so it is easier to reposition. That said, I am very satisfied with my purchase.

I don't have a lot of space in my kitchen so my trash can has to be pretty front and center. This is easy on the eyes as far as trash cans go and works great.

I just got the trashcan! It's super sleek and elegant as far as trash cans go. It was delivered in good condition and I got no fingerprints on it despite all the handling during unpackaging. The tall kitchen bags I already had fit it just fine. The lid closes slowly and fully even with a regular bag which doesn't tuck as nicely as their proprietary liners. I registered the S/N online and I got a $5 coupon for a future purchase and I will have access to the 10 year warranty - no need for safekeeping loose pieces of paper. So far I love it and I can't wait for my other simple human products to arrive.

This is the best trash can I have ever owned (and I am 63 yrs old)! Easy out inner plastic sleeve that holds the bag. This is perfect! This was well thought out! The hard plastic sleeve has holes in it in just the right places to allow easy glide in and out. The bags are well made and don't tear! I have back problems and pulling the FULL hard plastic can liner out doesn't hurt my back like ALL the others have! I LOVE this trash can!

I've owned this product for several weeks now and it works exactly as advertised. There are several important things to me with trash cans: 1. Liners - the liners fit perfectly and are very easy to place. I bought the Simplehuman liners so I cannot say if generic liners would fit as nicely. But so far I haven't had a single liner scrunch up or stick out of the lid like a lot of others do. 2. Smell - I put a fresh salmon container - empty except the juices - into the garbage along with cat litter. After two days you could not smell any hint of odor on the outside. But when you opened it up it was atrocious! That's critical for a good garbage can. 3. No Leakage! I've put some wet garbage into the liners. I usually go 3-4 days before I have to take out the trash. Thus far I haven't had a single leak. I haven't had any problems with the unit thus far. But it does everything it's supposed to and it's a good looking unit as well. 5 stars because it does everything it advertises, the price is good, and I would buy it again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You have a bed?!

Add a baguette controller!