Broan SP3004 Backsplash Range Hood Wall Shield, 24 by 30-Inch, Stainless Steel

  • 24-Inch high by 30-Inch wide
  • Provides easy clean up of cooking splatter with durable finish
  • Attractive appliance matching color
  • 24 gauge Stainless Steel
  • Installs easily with four screws

I use this behind my stove. It looks very nice and is easy to clean. It was a breeze to install with 4 short stainless steel screws through the predrilled corners. The sheet is pretty heavy and was packaged VERY well- came without a scratch or bend. Easiest and most affordable grease guard I have found.

Broan SP3004 Backsplash Range Hood Wall Shield, 24 by 30-Inch, Stainless Steel - this arrived packaged well, without any damage, I was a little worried because of some of the reviews that I read...but this Stainless Steel sheet arrived packaged very good, and in very short time. The sheet was covered in a plastic film that your peel off after you install. I used some foam mounting tap to help secure the sides to the wall, and 4 screws to hold it in place.

Before you put it on the wall, put it on the floor and clean it with Stainless cleaner. Like any stainless appliance you want to clean it first. This will fill the small, unseen, cracks (like waxing a car). A lot easier to do on the floor the first time, instead of leaning over a stove to reach. It will be a lot easier to clean the second time if you seal it before anything splashes on it. Have someone help you during installation. Have your helper hold the back splash in place while you put the first top screws in. Then the bottom two are a breeze. Before I hung it, I drilled two more holes in the back splash. There are 4, one per corner. But I wanted two more so it wouldn't bow. It looks great!

The backsplash arrived in good condition. I appreciate that the Broan staff made a strong effort to pack it well. I installed this backsplash by temporarily removing my range hood so I could put 2 #8 screws into the top holes of the it where they wouldn't be seen once the range hood was reinstalled. Then I put 2 more screws into the bottom holes which wouldn't be seen once the oven was moved back in place. The installation is beautiful and I hope it stays that way over time.

I am in the vacation rental property management business. I was looking for an alternative for the wall space after taking the microwave down. The microwave were a constant issue because of the wear and tear. Many of these houses sleep 20+ people and the microwaves took a beating. I opted to use this and put a counter top microwave in several villas. I've had no issues from start to finish. It was advertised. Will continue to use them as needed. It gave these 10+ year old homes an updated look in the kitchen. In addition, I used a brushed nickle eyelet and screw to mount.

Love it, cleans easy and although it comes with 4 screw holes at the corners, I also applied a thin industrial strength double sided tape made by 3M. Caution: even though it was packaged properly, one of the corners had a dent that could have been smoothed using a rubber hammer. The dent could have occurred anywhere during the delivery process. Thankfully it's size allowed that corner to be hidden behind the range.

For some reason our stove is in the corner of the kitchen with a wall next to it. We noticed there were already a ton of splatter marks from previous renters. I didn't want to add more. The best thing about these is that when I have a recipe I don't know by heart, I can write on this with a dry erase marker and look at it while cooking. Genius.

Very nicely made. Mine came carefully packed, no dents or bends. I like the predrilled corner holes because the sheet's weight can be held by the screws. I used a thin double sided tape from Duct Tape brand along the edges and in the center to keep them flush with the wall. I would not use thicker tape unless you don't mind a space between the edge and the wall. Careful not to overtighten screws as they will cause dimples. I prefer stainless screws with finishing washers. The good side is very nicely polished and looks great. Very happy with the purchase.

I am writing this long review to use with each of these items. I love them all or I wouldn't take the time to tell others about them. I also love reading reviews before purchasing, so I am returning the favor. The (Broan SP3604 Backsplash Range Hood Wall Shield, 24 by 36-Inch, Stainless Steel) sheet that I received is definitely ferromagnetic. Magnets stick very well to it. It was packaged excellent and arrived with no damage or flaws. I peeled the plastic from the 4 corners just past the holes, then installed it. Then peeled the plastic all the way off once project was done. This metal will show fingerprints very well, but then again it is not sold or advertised as smudge-proof. Just a beautiful piece of stainless steel metal with 4 holes drilled in the corners. The back side was just as pretty, but figured Broan went through the trouble of protecting one side, might as well use it. The magnetic knife holder strip (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LVP87VM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that you see holding up my new flat grill utensils is stuck to the backsplash by removing the mounting plate and just sticking the strip to the backsplash. I though about drilling and using the mounting plate and screws, but I want to be able to easily remove the strip for deep cleaning. The strip holds nicely to the backsplash, and holds the Hell's Handle utensils with ease (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E1DOOS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I am saving the metal mounting strip for when I need a good strong flat ruler like piece of metal. Or if I deiced to use the holder strip in a different spot. I did think about using the holder strip inside the speed rail and the magnet would work through the speed rail so that the flat top utensils would stick to the front of the speed rail, and it worked, but put the sharp edge of the utensils too close to the paper towel holder. Also in the picture is the 22 inch speed rail (not ferromagnetic) (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017YR9SO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I ordered from here. The speed rail backsplash has about ¼ inch of metal bent over to finish the top. I used a flat prybar and gapped the bent over metal about a 1/8 inch and then was able to hook it on top of the Broan stainless steel sheet. I did drill one hole through the speed rail and Broan backsplash to be able to screw into a wall stud. I wish I could have gotten a shorter speed rail and one that was 3 inches deep or a little less, but this will make due and I am sure I can find more things to add to the empty spaces. In the speed rail is two sets of glass dispensers (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQ9SN11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I used a stencil to sandblasted the content names on each bottle. I love these dispensers, they work great, have a wide mouth to clean, and use a standard wine bottle cork size spout that goes into the wide mouth bottle adapter. They give you an extra spout that can be used in a wine bottle if one is inclined to do so. My only complaint with these dispensers is I wish they would have used oz and ml measurements on it. But then again, I don't really measure anything anyway. Also pictured is some magnetic hooks (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L9U4XTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that I used under the stainless steel work bench (ferromagnetic) (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C4OJHYO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to hang pot holders and also steam / cheese melting domes (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAKZADQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1). The nine inch dome is from here, and the 12 inch dome is a Cuisinart from BB&B. These domes work wonderful on our flat top grill (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GCDJ1F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I love this grill so much that I use it every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. And the last thing in the picture is a toaster oven on the bottom shelf and we got it at Costco, but it is here as well (https://smile.amazon.com/Oster-TSSTTVFDDG-Digital-French-Stainless/dp/B014D9LBCY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549146312&sr=8-3&keywords=oster+french+door+oven+with+convection)

Looks great. I used 4 wall anchors and tapped them flush to the wall. I put the backing up and behind my new Broan fan a FULL 1 inch to hide the screws on the top, and it does Not cause any issues just looks "real gooood right here jus like that" . Just remove the protecting film around the screw hole but NOT the rest of the backing to protect it for as long as you can, because man can it scratch easily during install.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You have a bed?!

Add a baguette controller!